- This event has passed.
Petco Foundation Adoption Weekend
October 7 @ 11:00 am - October 8 @ 5:00 pm
Greenhill Humane Society and the Petco Foundation partner to host 5 consecutive adoption events in the months of September and October.
The Petco Foundation investment will help to support the safe shelter, healthy food, medical procedures and behavior training that is provided to animals while in the care of Greenhill. Local Petco stores will also show their support by offering a Pet Parent Starter Guide to new parents who adopt an animal from Greenhill during the designated adoptions weekends in September and October. The guides provide helpful tips and advice from Petco store partners, and up to $450 in savings on food, supplies and services.
Greenhill Humane Society currently has over 40 companion animals available for adoption at the Green Hill Road location. Each animal available for adoption has been spayed/neutered, is up to date on current vaccinations, has permanent microchip identification, and has been given a medical exam and behavior assessment. Each adoption comes with a free collar, a bag of food and a certificate for a free veterinary exam.
What: Petco Foundation Adoption Events at Greenhill Humane Society
When: September 16, 17, 23, 24, 30 and October 1, 7, 8, 14 and 15. All days 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Where: Greenhill Humane Society 88530 Green Hill Rd. Eugene 541.689.1503
About the Petco Foundation: At the Petco Foundation, we believe that every animal deserves to live its best life. Since 1999, we’ve invested more than $185 million in lifesaving animal welfare work to make that happen. With our more than 4,000 animal welfare partners, we inspire and empower communities to make a difference by investing in adoption and medical care programs, spay and neuter services, pet cancer research, service and therapy animals, and numerous other lifesaving initiatives. Through our Think Adoption First program, we partner with Petco stores and animal welfare organizations across the country to increase pet adoptions. So far, we’ve helped more than 5.3 million pets find their new loving families, and we’re just getting started. Visit petcofoundation.org to learn more about how you can get involved.
“This summer, the Petco Foundation is celebrating the many ways, big and small, that we can all Be A Lifesaver for pets across the country. From cozier naps, to longer walks, or by fighting allergies and keeping us fit, pets change our lives everyday, so let’s save theirs! We’re partnering with the Human-Animal Bond Research Institute (HABRI) to share and celebrate all the ways, big and small, that pets change our lives.”
5 Ways Pets Change Our Lives!
1. Keep Us Fit: Pets encourage physical activity, with research showing that people who walk their dogs regularly are less likely to be obese than those who do not.
2. Provide Social Support: According to recent studies, interaction with animals helps children develop improved social skills including improved communication, decreased stress, and positive social interaction with their peers.
3. Improve Mental Health: Studies have shown that human-animal interaction helps improve psychological wellbeing, decrease social isolation, and promote higher levels of life satisfaction.
4. Fight Allergies: Studies show that children exposed to pets early in life will develop stronger immune systems and be less likely to develop allergies as they grow up.
5. Support Healthier Hearts: Research shows that people with pets are more likely to have lower blood pressure, decreased stress, and lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
Content from www.petcofoundation.org/event/