- Step 1: Call the Receiving Department to discuss surrendering your pet. We can be reached at (541) 689-1503 ext. 117.
- Step 2: Fill Out a Personality Profile for your pet and send us your pet’s veterinary records.
The Receiving Department will conduct a brief phone interview with you prior to scheduling an appointment. We will also need to review your pet’s completed Personality Profile and veterinary records before scheduling your appointment so we can determine if we are able to assist in finding your pet a new home. You can submit the Personality Profile by completing it online, or send the Profile and vet records to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to 541.689.5261, postal mail or hand delivery.
Download a Small Animal Personality Profile (PDF) (please note: Greenhill cannot accept ferrets or mice.)
- Step 3: Attend your scheduled appointment. At your appointment, our trained staff will evaluate your pet to ensure they are a good candidate for adoption through our shelter. If so, we will take the pet into our care and provide for any medical or behavioral needs prior to their adoption.
Do you need to rehome your pet because of landlord or rental issues? Check out our list of pet-friendly rental properties! http://www.green-hill.org/pet-friendly-rentals/
Greenhill Humane Society does not charge receiving fees for surrendered pets.
Please note that it costs us over $350 on average to provide care for each dog or cat during their stay at Greenhill. We will gladly accept donations to go toward the care of your pet during their stay with us.
- Any necessary vaccinations
- Any necessary surgeries, including spay/neuter
- Dental cleaning, if necessary
- Flea control
- Food, including a special diet (if necessary)
- Medical and behavioral evaluations
- Behavioral training
- Lots of love and TLC!