HOURS & LOCATIONS
Greenhill Humane Society
88530 Green Hill Rd.
Eugene, OR 97402
Friday - Tuesday
11am - 6pm
Closed Wed. & Thurs.
1st Avenue Shelter
3970 W. 1st Avenue
Eugene, OR 97402
Tues - Fri 10am - 6pm
Sat 10am - 5:30pm
Closed Sun. & Mon.
Please note: adoptions at both shelters end one hour before closing. Visiting hours end 30 minutes before closing.
Interested in adding some furry love to your life? Adopting a pet is extremely rewarding! We'll help you find a great match. Simply follow these steps!
- Step 1: View Available Pets - You can view our adoptable pets on our website or visit in person at our Green Hill Road location or our 1st Avenue location. For off-site adoption events, keep an eye on our website and our Facebook pages.
- Step 2: Meet Your Match - after you've found the perfect companion, you'll fill out our application and meet with one of our adoption counselors. They will introduce you to the pet and guide you through making a great match. We'll want everyone in your house to feel good about it, so we ask that your family come down to meet the pet as well.
If you are adopting a dog and already have a canine friend at home, we may also ask for a dog-to-dog introduction.
Can't do it all in one go? No worries! We offer a 24-hour hold.
Applications are available online to be printed at your convenience, and are also available in the shelter: cats, dogs, and small animals.
- Step 3: Complete Your Adoption - If you rent, we'll want to make sure your landlord is ok with your pet. We'll gladly chat with them over the phone, by email, or accept a letter. If the pet you are interested in has any medical or behavioral needs, we'll arrange a pre-adoption counseling for you with a trainer or medical staff. Once that's done, we'll answer any other questions you have and finish up paperwork! We will need about an hour to complete the paperwork with you, and you'll need a valid photo I.D.
- Step 4: Your Lives Together - We want things to go well for you! If at any point you have concerns or issues during the life of your pet, we are here to help you. If things don't work out at any time, we offer a guarantee of taking back any animals adopted through us. Please give us a call so we can help!
Benefits of Adopting
- All of our pets are spayed or neutered prior to adoption.
- Our cats and dogs are treated for fleas and dewormed.
- All of our pets are microchipped, and registered with your information through 24hr Petwatch (excluding small animals like hamsters, rats, and guinea pigs).
- A Lane County or City of Eugene license, good for one year, if applicable.
- FIV/FeLV tested, if applicable.
- Recommended vaccinations.
- A free vet exam with participating veterinarians.
- A collar and ID tag.
- A leash or carrier, as applicable.
- 30 days of free pet insurance.
- A life of love, snuggles, and adventures together!