We accept owner-surrendered animals by appointment. If you would like Greenhill Humane Society to help find a new home for your pet, follow these steps:
- Contact the appropriate Animal Care Department to discuss surrendering your pet.
- Fill Out a Personality Profile for your pet and send us your pet’s veterinary records.
The Animal Care staff will conduct a brief phone interview with you prior to scheduling an appointment. We will also need to review your pet’s completed Personality Profile and veterinary records before scheduling your appointment so we can determine if we are able to assist in finding your pet a new home. You can complete the Personality Profile online, or send the Profile and vet records to us via email, fax to 541.689.5261 (fax canine vet records to 541.844.1606), postal mail or hand delivery.
Download a Small Animal Personality Profile (PDF) (please note: Greenhill cannot accept ferrets or mice.)
- Attend your scheduled appointment. At your appointment, our trained staff will evaluate your pet to ensure they are a good candidate for adoption through our shelter. If so, we will take the pet into our care and provide for any medical or behavioral needs prior to their adoption.
Please note that it costs us over $350 on average to provide care for each dog or cat during their stay at Greenhill. We will gladly accept donations to go toward the care of your pet during their stay with us.
During Your Pet’s Stay at Greenhill Humane Society, we will provide him/her with:
- Any necessary vaccinations
- Any necessary surgeries, including spay/neuter
- Dental cleaning, if necessary
- Flea control
- Food, including a special diet (if necessary)
- Medical and behavioral evaluations
- Behavioral training
- Lots of love and TLC!
You can help your pet get adopted more quickly by having them treated for fleas and worms, having them up to date on vaccines (please bring proof with you), bathed and well-groomed, as well as having them spayed or neutered.
Pets at Greenhill Humane Society receive excellent care from our trained staff and volunteers. We do not place any time limits on an animal’s stay: a pet may stay at our shelter for days, weeks, or months until we find them a new home. Our adoption process includes an application and individual counseling to make sure we find great matches for pets in our care. We always welcome follow up calls. You may call us at any time during your pet’s time here and we will be glad to give you an update.
The Greenhill shelter location does not accept stray pets. Please contact our First Avenue Shelter location at 541-844-1777 if you have found a stray animal.