Animals in Distress

If you see an animal in distress or believe someone is abusing an animal, please contact your local Animal Services Office (see below).

Domestic Animals

Try to gather the following information to better help report the incident:

  • A factual, written statement of what you observed. Try to give approximate dates/times.
  • Photos and videos of the animal(s) and the location. Please do not put yourself in danger and do not enter another person’s property without permission. Use extreme caution around unfamiliar animals who may be frightened. 

Animal Control Agencies (Lane County)

Cottage Grove Police Department
400 E. Main St.
Cottage Grove, Oregon 97424

Non Emergencies: (541) 942-9145

Anonymous Tip Line: (541) 767-0504

Cottage Grove Police Department’s website

300 Country Club Road
Eugene, OR 97401
Ph: 541-687-4060
Fx: 541-682-8456

Dog licensing questions
Ph: 1-855-328-1400

Eugene Animal Services website

Serving Unincorporated Lane County

3040 N Delta Hwy
Eugene, OR 97408


Lane County Animal Services website

230 Fourth Street, Springfield Oregon, 97477


Springfield Animal Control’s website

88184 8th St
PO Box 458
Veneta, OR 97487

Fax 541-935-1838

City of Veneta’s website


Lane County does not provide any type of services for wildlife. If you see wildlife in distress, please contact one of the following agencies listed below. Do not attempt to catch a wild animal until you consult one of the following expert wildlife organizations. For more information about wildlife in Lane County click here.